Discover Kings Canyon
DISCOVER KINGS CANYON | 1-DAY TOUR SUNRISE DEPARTURE
- Spectacular morning colours on the desert landscape
- Sunrise Breakfast and Desert Driving
- The incredible Kings Canyon
- Stunning Scenery along the Giles Rd & Stuart Highway South
- Price: from $550 pp
- Departs March –November. Tours on application in the summer months. Excluding Good Friday.
- Pick up and drop off at all Alice Springs accommodation.
- Includes Sunrise Breakfast and trimmings, delicious morning tea and lunch with refreshments
Leaving Alice Springs at dawn to begin the beautiful drive through the Australian Outback to Kings Canyon. Along the way stop on sunrise over the desert ranges for a delicious breakfast. Before we prepare to walk, we chat about the safety of the rim walk over a cup of tea or coffee.
Here your guide will take you on a 3-hour guided walk around the spectacular Rim Walk, or, for the less adventurous, there’s the Canyon Creek Walk.
Sit in the Amphitheatre, discover the Garden of Eden and marvel at the shear North and South Walls while you hear about the geological evolution of the area – Watarrka. A wholesome picnic lunch on the rim of the canyon is a perfect way to have some quiet time on this spectacular walk or to ask your guide some more questions.
The afternoon drive back to Alice Springs stops at local road houses, arriving back to Alice at around 6.30 pm.