Discover Rainbow Valley
Sunset & Supper
DISCOVER RAINBOW VALLEY | AFTERNOON DEPARTURE
We regret to inform you that we are fully booked for 2019
Send us a message for inquiries for 2020
- Sweeping views of the James Ranges South of Alice Springs
- The amazing sunset, desert afterglow and private stargazing in clear skies
- Spot Red Kangaroos, Camels as we take the 4×4 track into Rainbow Valley
- Share in stories of early pioneering and local aboriginal culture
- Price: from $180 pp
- Departs all year round except Christmas Day, Good Friday
- Pick up and drop off at all Alice Springs Accommodation
- Includes delicious sunset supper
This private guided tour takes 4.5hours and visits spectacular scenery unique to Central Australia. Travel to the south of Alice Springs to the spectacular Rainbow Valley. Driving in we stroll onto the untouched sand dunes to get a feel for the arid zone. Long views to scenic sandstone bluffs and cliffs that are a photographer’s delight.
This is the most impressive sunset of Central Australia, mainly by it’s soft light and the whole feel you get around sunset time at Rainbow Valley. At this time of the day, the impressive sandstone walls change color, from ochre red to orange and purple.
The reserve is on the traditional lands of the Upper Southern Arrernte people and is known to them as Wurre. A Sandrifter Supper is provided at sunset and, shortly after, you may participate in a short star talk under our clear skies.